I recently heard from a listener of my podcast, Chew on This, who wrote in to ask a question about belly fat. Her name is Kellie Graham, and she also shared this recipe for the green smoothies she and her family are loving right now.
This recipe would require a larger blender than a Nutri-Bullet, but you could also cut it down into quarters or halves to fit your smoothie machine.
If you are looking for an actual green smoothie recipe (rather than just tossing in whatever is in your fridge), give this one a try. I love that it is greens-centric and includes soothing ginger and a fresh burst of lemon.
- Leafy greens
- ⅓ - ½ English cucumber
- 1 celery stalk
- thumb size piece of ginger
- juice of 1 lemon (microwave for 15 seconds to extract maximum juice)
- 1-2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 banana
- Water, coconut water or green tea
- Pack leafy greens into blender cup.
- Add remaining veggies and fruits.
- Fill with clear liquid of your choice to the maximum mark and blend well.