Looking to switch up your breakfast from its normal, high glycemic index carbs to something more nutritious? This breakfast hash is so flavorful and tasty, you won’t even notice the absence of cheese, bread and dairy products.
This recipe uses roasted sweet potatoes, so it’s a little high in terms of carbs. But if you are on the maintenance phase of a keto diet or Paleo diet, this is a delicious breakfast option.
I used leftover sweet potato fries made in my air fryer, but you could also quickly roast your own just for this recipe.
You can feel good about eating this delicious breakfast since it is filled with lots of healthy protein, fats, Vitamin D and iron.
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, cut into sticks
- 1 T. olive oil
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup crushed pork rinds
- 2 bacon slices, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 T. chopped green chiles (about 2 roasted, peeled and seeded)
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 425 degrees (or use air fryer).
- Toss sweet potato sticks with olive oil plus salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roast in preheated oven on a sheet pan or in air fryer for about 10 minutes, until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut avocado in half, remove the pit, and slice into strips. Carefully remove the strips from the peel with a spoon.
- Place pork rinds in a plastic baggie and crush with a rolling pin.
- Toss avocado slices in the crushed pork rinds. Place them on a plate or cutting board and sprinkle remaining crumbs over the top, pressing gently in the avocados.
- Heat a heavy skillet to medium.
- Add avocado slices and saute about 2-3 minutes per side, until crispy.
- Remove and set aside.
- Mince cooled sweet potato fries.
- In the same skillet, add sweet potatoes, bacon and green chile. Saute until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Add green onions and toss together. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the two eggs over easy.
- To plate, place half of the avocado frites on each of two plates. Add half the sweet potato hash and top with one over easy egg.